Hit Counter

Monday, July 24, 2006  

laptop lunches

Everyone knows that one of the biggest ways to save money is to bring your lunch to work. For myself I've found that eating out for lunch was by far the number one "leak" in my cashflow. This is one of those products where you have to make an initial investment that seems a little high to save money in the long run, so stay with me if this seems like something you don't need to spend money on.

I LOVE my Laptop Lunchbox!

The laptop lunchbox is a product that's inspired by the Japanese bento box. The idea is that when you pack your lunch you end up wasting a lot more resources and money by buying single-serving items that create a lot of trash but are easy to pack in lunches. (Admittedly this is more of a problem for children's lunches than adult.) But a problem I found in packing adult lunches is that if you want to bring a variety of foods there is no efficient/convenient way to do so. Enter the laptop lunchbox. The lunchbox comes with individual containers that can be washed and re-used that all fit into one convenient box. No more need to juggle oversized or undersized tupperware containers.

But the main way the laptop lunchbox will save you money is that it truly motivates you to pack your lunch. There are several blogs dedicated to creatively packing bento lunches (my favorite is The Vegan Lunchbox) that will have you scouring your kitchen for new items to fill those cute little containers with. This product has inspired me to eat more consciously and healthfully, pack my lunch to save money, and create less packaging waste in the process. It's one of those rare purchases that I feel has definitely saved me money.

Your Ad Here





Powered by Blogger